• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap Image or (CHANGE Import by Reference TO copy into document)

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have two questions related to Graphics inside the Anchored Frame:

1. I have one graphic inside the Anchored Frame which is Imported by Reference
     How can I convert this graphic so it can be copied into the document (thus no longer referenced object)

2. If I have a graphic inside the Anchored Frame
     Is there a way, I can select this graphic and then swap it with another graphic so the new graphic object has the same demensions?

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

1.) I'm not aware of how to convert a linked image to an embedded image within FrameMaker. But you could select the image, tap Esc fif (the shortcut for File > Import > File) and replace the image with the same one, with the Import Options set to Copy into Document.

2.) Do you have the ability to set the dimensions in the source application (i.e., Photoshop or Illustrator) before importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) I'm not aware of how to convert a linked image to an embedded image within FrameMaker. But you could select the image, tap Esc fif (the shortcut for File > Import > File) and replace the image with the same one, with the Import Options set to Copy into Document.

2.) Do you have the ability to set the dimensions in the source application (i.e., Photoshop or Illustrator) before importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarbBinder,

I did figure it out (I had done a while ago, see my response).

1. Your reply to my 1st question is perfect.

2. When you swap/copy into image, Imported Graphic Scaling dialog box opens up where I selected Fit in selected Rectangle and clicked Set.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help.

The only concern I have about Fit into Selected Rectangle is you will need to watch the aspect ratio. If you replace the image on the right with the one on the left using Fit in Selected Rectangle...

VMware Fusionss_015.png

it changes the aspect ratio. Of course, I went for an extreme distortion to demonstrate the potential problem. I'd suggest that you keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't be that bad, but depending on the files, it could be.

VMware Fusionss_016.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BardBinder,

Agreed on your comment about the scaling graphic through the Imported Graphic Scaling dialog box.

For my purpose, I am using for Swapping Graphic, which is essentially same graphic with changes. So it works for me.

However, I shall remember your point because it would stretch the image which would distort resolution.

Once again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

essentially same graphic with changes

That's great news! Glad you are back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.

Inside the Anchored Frame, I selected the Graphic and then clicked on Import File button.

• File dialog box opened up with the Current Graphic File selected
  • I selected New Graphic File, then selected Copy Into Document
  • When Imported Graphic Scaling dialog box opens, I selected Fit in selected Rectangle
  • Click Set

New Graphic is embedded into the document.

I can recheck by selecting Graphic and look into the Object Properties Pod.

I can also check into the Insets Pod to see there is no Referenced Graphic File.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines