• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching from 2019 32-bit to 64-bit

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently have FM 2019 32-bit because we run help with WebWorks, which up until now only supported FM 32-bit. Now the new version of WebWorks supports 64-bit and we would like to switch to FM 2019 64-bit. What is the process for doing that?

I also understand that the new version of FrameMaker supports 64-bit only, which we supposed to receive shortly. Perhaps it is best to wait until we receive it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Semble ,

There is no separate procedure needed to switch to 64bit FrameMaker except that you need to update your external plugin or client for 64bit Architecture, Other than that all your documents and files work as is  .

Thanks
Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pulkit

Thanks. The next question: How do I updatre my external plug-in or client?

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

the latest version of WebWork ePublisher (2020.1) supports the FrameMaker Summer 2020 release and 64 bit.

You will need to check with your internal IT/procurement department and/or Quadralay Corporation how to upgrade your WebWorks license to their 2020.1 release. You can find Quadralay's contact details here

Kind regards,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan

Right -- this I am aware of and have been provided the latest release and instructions from my supplier. This is what is prompting me to figure out how to change my FM 2019 32-bit to 64-bit. Pulkit states that I will need to "update my external plugin or  client for 64bit Architecture", but not sure what that means. Is there a straightforward way to convert my 32-bit to 64-bit? Do I have to reinstall FM?

Thanks,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With "external plugin or client" Pulkit meant WebWorks.

I recommend this process:

1. Download the latest FrameMaker (2020 release) from here: https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/download-trial/try.html
  2. Install FrameMaker 64 Bit.
  3. Install WebWorks 64 Bit.
  4. Check if everything works as expected.

If everything is fine, you can uninstall the older 32-bit FrameMaker and WebWorks versions (2019 release). Make sure to "deactivate" the older versions before you uninstall them (Help > Sign out) in case you want to activate them later on again or on a different machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan

I was blocked trying to download from that site (perhaps my Company's site is blocking it), so I am taking Jeff's suggestion below and sent an e-mail to Adobe support.

Thanks,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download & install the 64bit version of FM2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

So just install 64-bit on top of the current 32-bit? Or should I uninstall 32-bit first?

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be safe, you might want to deactivate the 32 bit version first, then install the 64 bit & reactivate (since you're using the same serial number) - unless you're on subscription plan, in which case I think your Adobe ID provides all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to get the download for the 64-bit version, my original link to download 2019 seems to be inactive. When trying to get help on the Support page, the canned answer was that they couldn't provide me with a download and suggested I go to a community forum to get a free download. Is there such a location for free downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the FM folks a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff. I sent an e-mail to the address you noted. It looks like my Company's site is blocking the download from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines