• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab leader dots in LOF - some square, some round in Asian languages

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Asian language manuals, the tab leader dots in the LOF are square if the figure title ends with a Latin character, and round if it ends with an Asian character, as before 111 and 116 below. If I manually add a space after the last Asian character in the LOF, the dot becomes square, as before 118 below. In the chapters, all the periods are square.

If I add a space to the end of the figure titles in the text, the dot will be square in the LOF only if there's an index marker after the space. (This might be true with other markers, but I didn't test them.)

I'm thinking that the hex code of the character before the leader tab determines the shape of the leader dots. If single-byte, the dot is square, if double-byte it's round. My work-around is to either add spaces manually after the figure titles in the LOF or add a space and an index marker (also a space) after each figure title in the text.

Any thoughts on a better way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying a character style that forces the font for the tab character on the reference page should fix it up.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked --thanks Matt. It's weird because the problem doesn't show up in the TOC, where the leader dots on the reference page have the same composite font style as the cross references.

Anyways, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use that technique to get consistent dots and page numbers while retaining differences in heading format.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of some places where my figure title ends with a subscript or superscript number, which changes the format of the leader dots and the page number to sub/superscript. So I'll have to use a character format in the ref page there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a bit surprised that you need to do that, but glad that the character tag assignment can clean it up!

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines