• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab not recognized in TOC with turnlines

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my layout I have a text block that is 27pc wide. I have a right tab set with leader at 26.9pc before the page number. Everything is fine if it's one line. If the line turns, the tab is not recognized and the page number is up against the head text. I have to manually insert a second tab on turn lines. Any ideas on how to fix this? Otherwise, I'd have to insert a tab on all 37 pages of my TOC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not familiar with the term "line turns" so to clarify, Is this the situation you are describing?

VMware Fusionss_001.png

If so, there's not a great solution for a TOC in FrameMaker—that I am aware of. (InDesign addresses this exact issue with a last-line right indent/outdent, but we don't have that here.)

An alternative that I use for some pubs is a List of Markers (LOM) in place of a TOC. It's more fussy to set up (I have to add the titles as markers) but I can add line breaks into the marker text (for example, after the ampersand) so that when I generate the LOM, I get the desired line breaks. I do the work with the markers early in the layout, and that allows me to simply update the book after edits.

VMware Fusionss_002.png

I'm curious to see what solutions others have to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines