• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Header HTML Publish

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting our Mif2go publishing process to FM2017. Mif2go has a configuration setting that allows you to use the "th" tag in order to identify the table header in the html. Is there a setting like this in FM?

Looking at the HTML source file, the header row class of "tr1" is also used for cellbody rows. I'm trying to put a background color on the header row. I appreciate any help that you can provide.

<div width="100%" align="left">
  <table border-spacing="0" dir="ltr" class="table0 ItemList" border-collapse="collapse">
   <caption dir="ltr" class="FM_ItemListTblTitle">Navigation Buttons Item List</caption>
   <tr class="tr1">
   <td class="td2">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_TBLHead">Item</p>
</td>
   <td class="td3">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_TBLHead">Description</p>
</td>
</tr>
   <tr class="tr1">
   <td class="td2">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_CellBodyBold">1</p>
</td>
   <td class="td3">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_CellBody">Go to the first page.</p>
</td>
</tr>
   <tr class="tr1">
   <td class="td2">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_CellBodyBold">2</p>
</td>
   <td class="td3">
   <p dir="ltr" class="FM_CellBody">Go to the previous page.</p>
</td>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Table header in the HTML: why would you need to identify that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to set separate formatting for the header…add a background that does not impact the cellbody cells.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that be controlled by the css applied to that FM_TBLHead style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back Jeff. I was looking at the wrong solution. As soon as I changed the Caption to use Source File, I got the desired result.

Thank you again for getting back! amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In FM, HTML publishing automatically creates TH tag if table has heading. If the table does not have heading, you can always modify your table to add heading row. If you just want special appearance for first row you can try some of the table templates like (TopRowAlternatingRows) in style mapping tab of publish settings it will apply special class like 't1st".  You can modify t1st CSS selector in CSS editor and update the CSS as shown in picture.

CSS_overrride.png

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that even though I have designed the table with the heading, it is not assigning the TH tag. Therefore, I am getting inconsistent formatting for the table in the HTML because it looks like FM varies in its assignment of the TD classes. So if I define class td2 with the heading format in the CSS, it might be applied across multiple rows in the html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something is messed up in your FM source content - can you give a screenshot of how it looks in FM with the insertion point in the table header & the bottom left corner of the FM screen visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: My problem is that even though I have designed the table with the heading, it is not assigning the TH tag.

I can't speak to the HTML workflow, but the usual suspect for what you describe is that the Table doesn't actually have header row(s). It is using body rows with header Paragraph Formats applied.

The usual fix is to click in the apparent header, and Table > Add Rows or Columns
(*) Add [n] Row(s) [To heading]
[Add]
then migrate the former apparent heading content up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Regarding TH tag issue, It is working fine at my end. Are you using "Use Source style" in table style mapping ?

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amitjha-It,

I wanted to get back to let you know that you nailed the solution for my situation. First, I was able to see the other table templates after I reset my project. After applying the template, I had the tags that I needed.

Thank you to all for your help! amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines