• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table in Framemaker

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a table with 2 columns but with only one row. I do not want to split the row, and the problem I'm facing is that I have a long table to make and if the content in longer than a A4 page the cell does not go automatically to the next page (like it automatically does in MS Word) because the row continue below the ancor frame and therefore it is not visilbe anymore. Does one of you as a trick?

thank you

Xavier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a limitation of FrameMaker tables: rows cannot split across columns, text frames, or pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A work-around is available, but it depends on the content being something that easily parses into separate text lines. This also presumes that you want the heading row(s) to auto-continue on the subsequent page(s).

If you can do that, each line can be a separate row, with no borders between lines. Adjust para and cell properties as needed for simulated leading. It looks like one row, but isn't. It might even flow to HTML5, but I've never tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines