• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why the text in this table is dropping below the bottom of the page? Its crossing over the page# and footer line at the bottom, instead of continuing on to the next page. When I continue entering text it drops below and I can no longer see what I'm typing.

I need it to continue on the next page, like a good table should do. Help.

Brett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi Brett,

The problem is due to the number of lines of text in the cell which makes the cell longer than the page frame. FrameMaker does not split cells when this happens, so you need to do this yourself. One way to manage this is to break the paragraphs into separate cells. However you will need to manage the cell borders so that they are not visible.

I recently worked on an automated FrameMaker XML publishing application where this problem had to be controlled automatically using an FDK client.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brett,

The problem is due to the number of lines of text in the cell which makes the cell longer than the page frame. FrameMaker does not split cells when this happens, so you need to do this yourself. One way to manage this is to break the paragraphs into separate cells. However you will need to manage the cell borders so that they are not visible.

I recently worked on an automated FrameMaker XML publishing application where this problem had to be controlled automatically using an FDK client. The same could be done with ExtendScript or FrameScript.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines