Highlighted

Table of contents

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Hopefully someone can help me with my problems.

I had created a book file with documents containing other book files.

The general ledger has a table of contents and the books in the general ledger also.

My problem now is, when I save as.pdf, the main table of contents is exported, but the other "slave" table of contents is not.

Are there any settings I need to make?

Thanks for the help

Patrick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Table of contents

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Hopefully someone can help me with my problems.

I had created a book file with documents containing other book files.

The general ledger has a table of contents and the books in the general ledger also.

My problem now is, when I save as.pdf, the main table of contents is exported, but the other "slave" table of contents is not.

Are there any settings I need to make?

Thanks for the help

Patrick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick:

Trying to understand the question:

1. you have a book file (and calling that a ledger) that has a generated TOC for all of the chapters in the book.
  2. you have generated stand-alone TOCs for each of the chapters.

Is that right?

1. If not, please share a screen shot of you book window so that we can see the structure.
  2. If right, when you want the stand-alone TOCs to be part of the PDF, they will needed to be added to the book window.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barb,,

thanks for your help. Here is my screenshot form the structure.frame.JPG

The book file in the book in this example TDB_MMI15.1

Unbenannt.JPG

I should probably say that I've only been working with the program for a short time. so i do not know how to add the TOC to the main book

thanks for help

Patrick 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*the TOC form the other bookts to the main book (example TDB_MMI15.1)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Patrick:

You need to add the add the stand-alone chapter TOCs to the book window using the Add Files button at the top of the book window.

My example has a much simpler structure than yours, but you can see my book TOC at the top with the orange/black icon and the stand-alone TOCs above each chapter. When I publish my PDF for the book, Fm will publish all of the listed files.

~Barb

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 3.17.33 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Barb,

if I add the TOC with the Add File button, then the TOC file becomes the white orange icon and not the orange black icon, the problem is now when I update the book, the TOC (which I have added ) is not updated.

my second problem is that the TOC in the subordinate book is not the first page, but the second page (first page is the main information) and if I add it to the general ledger, the Toc is now the first page and therefore the TOC is no longer correct.

thanks for help Patrick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0