• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table rows too high in HTML5

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 2017 and I'm trying to create HTML5 output.

When I have a table row with more than one line of content, the HTML5 output very often (not always) adds additional space below the text.

• View in FrameMaker 2017

AufnahmeB.png

• View in HTML5 with unwanted (in this case grey) space below the text:

AufnahmeA.png

This effect only occurs if I change the table width under Publish Settings: Settings > Style Mapping > Table Styles to e.g. 70% or 100% or 700pt.  If I use the default settings (no settings), the effect does not occur.

This effect occurs in all tables, regardless of the number of rows and columns. If I have a table with multiple rows, the effect may occur in one line but not in the next one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the HTML code for the table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<div width="100%" align="left">

<table border-spacing="0" dir="ltr" class="table3" border-collapse="collapse" style="width: 70%; max-width: 100% ;height: auto">

<tr class="tr4">

<td class="td5">

<p dir="ltr" class="FM_Hint_note"><span class="FM_Hint_black">!<span style="padding-left: 12pt;" class="FMAutoNumber_1"></span>Hinweis: </span>Attention. Read this text! Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text! Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!Attention. Read this text!</p>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, 2 questions:

• Does manually removing the height: auto attribute in the html output file (via a text editor) resolve your issue?
  • Have you mapped the Table Style to a CSS table style in your Style Mapping tab, and does mapping to a table style resolve the issue?

I see that you haven't mapped Hint_note or Hint_black to a CSS style like CellBody. If you do that, does the issue resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines