• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table text does not show up in pdf

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got two tables in my FM book, one with 3 columns, the other with 2 columns, both with alternating shading. In FM, the tables both have text in the cells of the right-most column. When I save the book as a pdf, the text in those columns disappears. Oddly, when I select where the text should be in the pdf, Acrobat reader does recognize something there.

I've tried resizing the columns, with no luck. The cell formatting is the same as in other tables in the book, and other tables also have banded shading but don't lose the text when saving as pdf.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of FM (including point release)?

Check that you are all patched up. IIRC, there was a version where were table shading messed up text display in PDFs, but it has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FM 13.0.3.495

Still troubleshooting today. Any suggestions are welcome.

I will try turning the shading off to see if that makes a difference. The odd thing is, I have other tables with banded shading that display the text just fine in the PDF. The table boundaries fall within the body of the page (do not go into the page margins).

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the RGB or CMYK option when creating the PDF? Whichever, you're using, try the other to see if this makes a difference. [These use different postscript headers/instructions that sometimes result in odd treatments]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried switching the option, and that made no difference.

My document is an unstructured doc, if that matters.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes, I inserted a new table w/out any shading, and I'm still running into the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like an old bug has slipped back in. Please report it via the Bugbase (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm ) and provide samples for the engineers to examine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Arnis. I will report it.

I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines