Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables with big cells

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Sorry my poor English

I have some tables with very big rows. It seems Framemaker cuts the table when there is no room in the current page and preserves entire rows. Due to this feature some pages renders almost empty (it shows some rows and the big one is in the next page).

Is there any chance to fix this?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Oscar, if I understand your question correctly, you'd like to have FrameMaker split the content of the cell across two pages.

Unfortunately, FrameMaker will not let you do this. Can you break the cell into smaller pieces, or break the information out of a table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly.

I'm already spliting these big cells in smaller pieces but I lose control of the appearance because I have paragraphs with conditional text before the table and I can't know how many pieces I have to break the big cell to avoid two cells splitted in the same page. Currently I have the big cell splitted in two pieces but the first page is half empty.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So displaying the content using paragraphs instead of a table isn't an option? If there's that much content, it may not look so bad if the "row" is displayed as a series of paragraphs, rather than a series of cells.

That representation would allow for more logical page breaks.

Feel free to post an image if you'd like a more specific suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had not thought of that.. mmm It may work... let me do some testing.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines