• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Suite Framemaker missing Publish icon

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a trial version of the technical suite once on my work PC and again on my personal laptop. For both versions the File\Publish drop-down list does not exist.

The help screen identifies this as the method for creating HTML5 files. The result is I can create a document but can't publish it into any usable format. Your help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Re FM - make sure that you've got your preferences set to show "complete" rather than "quick" - are you launching it in unstructured or structured FM? Your menus change depending on which mode it is launched in.

Re RH - it's a program that's certainly more "Word-like" than FM, but neither really do an excellent job of sucking in Word docs without a bunch of tidying up. Generally the process is more successful when the styles in Word are matched by styles in FM or RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be there – trial version is the same as the regular version. Did you install it with Admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I installed it with Admin rights. I believe it should be there because it shows it in the help file that that is the required step. Only it is not in the File menu. Impossible to do a screen shot because the menu disappears when you press another key outside the menu. It would be good if was set to persist, but that's another thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have given up on frame maker until this problem is resolved. Now trying RoboHelp – possibly the wrong tool. I have imported a word file that has graphics. They do not import well. I’m finding the process “as a newbie” quite difficult. My previous extensive experience with MS products including visio seems of little help. I need to buy a step by step guide – any suggestions. Thankyou.

Phil

[Signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re FM - make sure that you've got your preferences set to show "complete" rather than "quick" - are you launching it in unstructured or structured FM? Your menus change depending on which mode it is launched in.

Re RH - it's a program that's certainly more "Word-like" than FM, but neither really do an excellent job of sucking in Word docs without a bunch of tidying up. Generally the process is more successful when the styles in Word are matched by styles in FM or RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re FM Thankyou Jeff, changing the preferences to Structured and then restarting resulted in the Publish option appearing. That said the choice is not Quick, but  "FrameMaker", "Structured FrameMaker" or "FrameMaker XML Author"

Re RH I found that getting the docs correct in word by using a consistent Style, and then importing into RH works nicely.

My next challenge is to separate the output file from the Adobe developer and attach it to my target application but maintain the CSS (skin) from Adobe. Just copying the output .htm file doesn't seem to work as it points to CSS file that doesn't exist in the target location. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What help file format are you creating & from which application? In RH, you would get your output files within the \!SSL!\ folder in the project placed in a sub-folder named for the output type (e.g. \WebHelp\). You would then copy the entire contents of the output folder to wherever you needed to reference them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to clarify that this is for the Framemaker product withing Technical Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines