• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text corruption and crash

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the first update to FM2019, I've had the text in files turn into garble twice, the first time I closed and reloaded the document - all ok. The second time it stopped scrolling through and FM just closed, no error, no warning.

Has anyone else seen this in the latest version?

TOPICS
Error , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any crash log generated. please check %appdata%\adobe\framemaker\15\*.dmp files.

Also have you updated to Update 2 yet.

thanks

Amitoj singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no crash files created at all. The latest updates are on. If it happens again I'll take a screenshot, not that it will be helpful in the diagnosis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again today while resizing images. Here's what my structure view looks like when it happens.

Crash Garble.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I finally got to see this today. I was just trying to close files with the book window.

No *.dmp files. I'm using v15.0.2.503 on Windows 10. After the crash, the whole system has started moving very slowly. Have to reboot now.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

You know that the latest version is 15.0.3.603?

With earlier versions I encountered this issue maybe two or three times.

Not with 15.0.3.603. In my experience very stable.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Winfried. I did the update. Now I just wait and see!

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Version 15.0.1.430.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothyc55,

And when you update to 15.0.3.603?

Do you still have this problem?

The updates fix many bugs and issues. It's always recommended to stay up-to-date!

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have control of my software environment. I don't have rights to load the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you discuss this with your administrators?

The update is free. The administrators can check the file before the installation.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on that, but it is a fact of life these days. Large corporate entities tend to be very protective of their software environments. A poorly thought out update can leave a software environment vulnerable.

It takes time to jump through the various hoops to get updates approved for implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a week of trialing update Version 15.0.3.603, I can report that the crashing is significantly improved, but not completely eliminated.

I had one crash in the week. Granted the one crash occurred while opening all the files in a very large book which I imagine pushes the boundaries a bit.

Note: The crash had the same text view corruption as shown in the earlier messages of this thread.

However, the fact is that when you are updating autogenerated files it is the practical approach is to open all the files in the book as this allows the update to proceed much faster as the files are only opened once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines