Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Frame on Graphic Issue

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text_frame1.png

I have a text frame on top of a graphic for a Cover page as above.

As soon as I try and enter text in the frame, the line background goes white, as below.

text_frame2.png

The only way round it is to click on the graphic and select Send to Back.

text_frame3.png

However, it doesn't seem to remember the setting. If I enter text in the text frame again, the same thing happens. I've tried everything to try to get this to stop but I can't fathom it out. Anyone any ideas? I'm on FM 11 if that makes any difference?

Cheers

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

The reason this happens is that the text box has a white background which is same as the font color.

The moment you click elsewhere (in your case, sending image to back), the text becomes visible as it is not in edit mode.

I tried replicating your scenario. Changing the font color to black, fixes the problem.

Ideally the text editing area should be transparent and this is an issue that we will fix in one of the subsequent patches.

Please let me know if that helped.

Thanks !

Regards,

Abhishek

Product Manager

Adobe TechComm Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the font color has to be white. I look forward to the patch.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: The moment you click elsewhere (in your case, sending image to back), the text becomes visible as it is not in edit mode.

Control-L also refreshes to transparent.

re: Ideally the text editing area should be transparent and this is an issue that we will fix in one of the subsequent patches.

This is not a new issue. FM has always behaved this way. Beware of unintended consequences when fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, thanks Bob !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines