• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text inset and paragraph format

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does FrameMaker change the paragraph format of the paragraph in which a text inset is anchored, when the inset is updated? I have an inset anchored in a Body paragraph with no other text in the paragraph. The settings for the inset are to reformat with the current document's settings. When I update the text inset, the paragraph format of the source paragraph changes to Heading1, or whatever the format of the first displayed paragraph in the text inset is. I don't understand how the paragraph format in the source document can change when the inset is updated, if the source formats are being applied to the inset. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? I'm at present using FrameMaker 7, but will be upgrading to FrameMaker 10 fairly soon. 

Ken Dyall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found the answer to my question. If I add any text to the paragraph in which the inset is anchored, the paragraph format does not change when the inset is updated. I would still consider the behavior observed with a null paragraph to be a bug, but at least I have a workaround.

Ken Dyall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still consider the behavior observed with a null paragraph to be a bug ...

Two bugs. See also:

<PgfLocked Yes> after text inset

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3880436

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have to have a paragraph tag with the format you want before the text inset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet, or is it even planned?  I'm still seeing this issue in FrameMaker 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is known to Adobe for ages. Please vote up https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-12115. Maybe this helps to get some attention from the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines