• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not flowing to next page in FM15

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a 7 page document, that should be 8 pages, but the text at the end of page 7 does not flow onto page 8.

If I paste in the text, it get's squashed up at the end of page 7 instead of flow to the next page.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How does this squashed up text look like?

Can you send a screenshot? (You must use the Insert Image icon in this editor.)

What happens, if you just press ENTER at the end of your text flow? Is there any difference, if you do this before and after pasting your text?

Can you delete portions of your text and then press ENTER to get to page 8?

By deleting portions of your text, can you identify anything special which might cause this behaviour?

What's your page layout? 1 column or several? If several, do you have balanced columns?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response...

I cannot send a screen shot, as I've removed all the 'messed up' versions of the doc.

When I press ENTER, the cursor would just sit there and not do anything.

I tried deleting portions of the doc and then re-pasting them back in, but the problem continued. I did notice a symbol that looked similar to this " at the end of the doc, but I'm not sure what it was.

My page layout is 1 column.

As I was under pressure to get the document out, my solution to the problem was to open up an old document, which had more than 8 pages in it and what I did was copy the contents from the new doc into the old doc.

I know that this issue may very well creep up on me again very soon, so it would be great to try find a solution to this problem.

Thanks again.

Dana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dana,

I have seen text which was stacked on top of each other. However, this was only in a 2 column layout with balanced columns.

If you want to do more tests next time, delete text before your current position (first of second half) and then paste your new text. If the first or second half works, paste the half of the other text back in.

Was the bottom line of your main text frame a solid line?

What is your FrameMaker version?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Winfried,

I'm using FM 2015.

Thanks for helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dana:

That sounds like an issue with the Flow tag and Auto-connect. When Autoconnect is off, the text gets stuck in the frame, and a non-printing black line appears at the bottom indicating the text is overset.

VMware Fusionss_002.png

If you had the doc we could help you straighten it out, but it sounds like you are back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help. I'm back on track for now. If this does happen again, I'll ensure Autoconnect is enabled.

Regards,

Dana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines