• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text settings to display in table in PDF

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with some tables. I've got a question out regarding missing text in a table when saving to PDF.

FM version 13.0.3.495

After some troubleshooting, I've discovered some types of paragraph tags/styles just plain don't show up in a table cell when the .fm is converted to PDF, even though the tag specifies CellBody or CellHeading.

I can't find anything significantly different between the tag I know shows up and the ones that do not. Same font family, same size, same angle/weight/color/stretch/pair kern, etc. Why one tag shows and a whole lot of others don't is a frustrating mystery.

Another oddity: Acrobat Reader can find the "invisible" text, because I can choose it and apply strikethrough. A strikethrough line appears where the text should be, but no text is visible.

What setting should I look for to make sure the paragraph tag actually displays in a cell when the .fm is saved as a PDF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try toggling the RGB/CMYK options when creating the PDF from FM. These use different postscript headers/instructions and have messed up some fonts and other things in the past.

Also, check that any non-shaded table cells use a fill of None instead of White (it's possible that the fill is being laid down on top of the text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines