• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text shifts when creating PDF

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using FM 13.0.1.385 with structured XML.

We've had a few instances where when a book (or chapter) is printed to a PDF (using either the Print or Save as PDF options), you can see the text on the FM page shift and then return to the starting position once the print process is over, resulting in an incorrect PDF.

As an example, the last page of this 12-page FM file looks like this before we try to print:

Before.jpg

When we hit the print button, the text temporarily shifts to look like this (and this is what the PDF looks like):

After.jpg

It then returns to the original layout.

At times, we've been able to create an accurate PDF using another machine and/or the other print option.

I've checked that we're logged into Creative Cloud.

I've checked that the fonts are synched from TypeKit or installed directly on the user machines.

I've checked the default printer setting.

This is not a continuous problem; it only happens sometimes, which makes it even weirder.

Any suggestions of other things to verify would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the WYSIWYG on screen version does not always align during the conversion to the PDF print drivers. Sometimes it is because I had inadvertently changed the size of the header or footer so the text doesn’t fit on the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put some returns in after the text  or adjust the size of the footer so the footnote will stay on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines