Highlighted

TextRange problem

Advocate ,
Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had reported a strange problem with TextRange in my post "Working off paragraphs in two successive While loops" - which could be bypassed with Russ Wards help.

In a recent discussion in the German Frame users group the root of this problem may have been addressed by Johannes Graubner - albeit related to FameScript (translated by me):

«

The command Find FromTextLoc does not work in FrameScript 6 / FrameMaker 2015 - at least not as documented and working in FrameScript 5.2 and FrameMaker 11.

Find FromTextLoc(lvRange) String(xFM1) NoWrap ReturnRange(lvRangeNew)
ReturnStatus(bStat);

The search does not start at the locaction defined by lvRange, but at the current cursor location.

A workaround is

Find TextRange(lvRange) ScrollTo;
ReturnStatus(bStat);

Since many script commands are 1:1 transformations of the respctive API commens I assume that this is a FrameMaker problem and hence also exists in ExtendScript. I have reported the bug to Frank Elmore (FrameScript).

»

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TextRange problem

Advocate ,
Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had reported a strange problem with TextRange in my post "Working off paragraphs in two successive While loops" - which could be bypassed with Russ Wards help.

In a recent discussion in the German Frame users group the root of this problem may have been addressed by Johannes Graubner - albeit related to FameScript (translated by me):

«

The command Find FromTextLoc does not work in FrameScript 6 / FrameMaker 2015 - at least not as documented and working in FrameScript 5.2 and FrameMaker 11.

ReturnStatus(bStat);

The search does not start at the locaction defined by lvRange, but at the current cursor location.

A workaround is

Find TextRange(lvRange) ScrollTo;
ReturnStatus(bStat);

Since many script commands are 1:1 transformations of the respctive API commens I assume that this is a FrameMaker problem and hence also exists in ExtendScript. I have reported the bug to Frank Elmore (FrameScript).

»

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2016 0

Have something to add?