• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The book shows no files after saving

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a book, added files, made corrections to them and then saved the book. Now all I see is the book on the left with no files. When I try to create a TOC it says add files. Where did the files disappear? I am using the 2015 trial version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

I contacted help on Adobe Chat, they sent a file and opened a remote session. They somehow picked an internal, downloaded installer and now I have the acrobat distiller.

Anyway, I deleted that damned book and created a new one, using the same process. Now the files do appear beneath. Don't know what went wrong earlier.

Thanks for joining. This topic can now be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where were you saving your documents? Any source control at play here? The trial version is the "full" version - it just has an expiry to it. Make sure you've applied all patches (even if you just downloaded it fresh from the Adobe website - it's still the original release version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did update after starting.

I tried exporting and it said needs distiller 5.05 and above. Chat people say FM comes with distiller. Not sure who is correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now chat people have installed distiller. But the original question remains

Saving my files in documents folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM comes with a "headless" version of Distiller to create PDFs - your Acrobat installation can get messed up if you already have a "full" version of Acrobat Pro installed and you don't tell the FM installer to skip installing it's version of PDF Creator.

Not sure what you mean by "chat people" - is that your corporate IT? Have you verified that you can create and save files in that location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted help on Adobe Chat, they sent a file and opened a remote session. They somehow picked an internal, downloaded installer and now I have the acrobat distiller.

Anyway, I deleted that damned book and created a new one, using the same process. Now the files do appear beneath. Don't know what went wrong earlier.

Thanks for joining. This topic can now be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines