• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ____ Font is not available. FM 2017

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed the FM 2017 upgrade, every time I open a document I get "The 'AVM Bolded' Font is not available. "AVM" will be used in this session.

I experimented by deleting the objects from a document one by one, saving and reopening. Even after deleting every object, when I open the blank document I still get the error 24 times in the Console.

(related question: in 2017, the console disappears once I click "OK". What happened to "Clear"?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

The "Bolded" term means that a synthesized version of a Bold font is being produced and doesn't really exist. FM is just informing you that it is going to use the base "AVM" font to make a synthetic bold, since it can't find a Bold version of the font on your system. The "missing" font could be located on a Master or Reference page or in a Table format definition in your Table catalog.

In the new Console pod, the Garbage can icon is the "Clear" button. The pods automatically closing are a functio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Bolded" term means that a synthesized version of a Bold font is being produced and doesn't really exist. FM is just informing you that it is going to use the base "AVM" font to make a synthetic bold, since it can't find a Bold version of the font on your system. The "missing" font could be located on a Master or Reference page or in a Table format definition in your Table catalog.

In the new Console pod, the Garbage can icon is the "Clear" button. The pods automatically closing are a function of your Preferences > Interface > Pods settings. Try turning off the Auto-collapse option(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Arnis points out, Bolded (and Obliqued) indicate transforms that FM is performing on fonts that don't have Bold or Italic instances.

If your default printer instance inside FM isn't PDF, Acrobat, Distiller, or some other Postscript-like thing, change to one of those and see what happens.

My historical understanding of this scenario was that for "Bolded" to be available in Windows:

• FM had to have a PS or Ps-like print driver configured, and
  • possibly, the font involved needed to be Type1 (not TTF, but I'm less certain of this latter point, and if true, have no insight on the implications for OTF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are the best. It was indeed in a paragraph format.

p.s. Bob: in puzzling out the new Console, I learned what your profile photo is 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: what your profile photo is 🙂

It's just the ANSI alert glpyh (U+26A0) in FM8/9 icon style. When I created it, FM9 was the current release, but my day job included generous use of ANSI admonishments, and frequent instances of Error 7103 crashes (related to re-sizing run-in anchored frames, but only on Unix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines