• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The selected PDF job option does not exist in the current installation fm2017 on w10

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when try to save as PDF.  There are no obvious instructions in fm for supporting save as PDF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

According to this thread - Re: Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018  - that level means you don't have it. I would suggest doing a Windows Update to pull in the latest fixes and then try again with a new FM doc. If that still doesn't work, then I would uninstall all Acrobat instances on the machine, re-run the FM2017 install and ensure that the selection field for the PDF Creator Add-on is selected, then update FM2017 if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you print to the Adobe PDF printer instance? Is your Win10 install running the most current (post-July 24 2018) build of 1803? Do you have Acrobat or just the "headless" variety that ships with FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the windows updates last week.  Not sure what Adobe PDF I have.

I have acrobat standard DC which after installing last year allowed making pdfs from fm.

Since then I had to do a reinstall of the entire system.  Just installed Acrobat Standard DC yesterday.

That did not help.  My windows 7 machine with fm can print to pdf.  Still does not 'save as pdf'

Can you please explain what it takes to get the 'Save as PDF' to work.

(1) Save as PDF does not work on either windows 7 nor W10 machine.

(2) Print to PDF does not work on my reinstalled W10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this question.  Should I be able to save as or print to pdf with out buying Acrobat DC?

FM is very expensive and the ability to create a pdf was my expectation.  I have been doing that

with fm since 2002.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM comes with a copy of Acrobat that is considered "headless" because it doesn't have the same controls exposed as the full version of Acrobat Pro. The danger is that sometimes the FM installer doesn't recognize that you already have a purchased copy of Acrobat Pro installed and the installer overwrites it with the included version. However, it doesn't sound like you have purchased Acrobat Pro and are relying on the copy provided with FM, so that scenario doesn't seem to apply. Is your version of FM2017 all patched up? You said you had reinstalled it - did you do all the post-release patches? They aren't included with the downloaded version.

Can you see an "Adobe PDF" in your Windows Printers list of printers and devices? If so, what happens if you print to it from within FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe PDF in the windows printer list.  When I try to print to pdf, it says something about not being compatible.  Do not remember If I updated fm after reinstall.  I will try that tomorrow.  Working from a different machine today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have newest windows.  Updated fm 2017 today to latest version.

Tried to verify exactly what acrobat I have.  In w10 start menu:

Have an 'adobe' folder with fm 2017.  Then have two entries

(no folder) Adobe Acrobat  and Adobe Acrobat Distiller 2017.

When I look at my orginization's Adobe Acrobat to install, I see two:

Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2017  << Installed this version 2017,2017.011.30096 except 'about' does not say 'DC' anywhere.

and Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 12

When I look at 'about' acrobat does not say 'standard DC / DC 12 /DC 2017'

So I really do not know what acrobat I have.

The Distaller about says: Pro version 17.11 30096290042.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you pay for a copy of Acrobat or not? Now I'm not sure based on your response. Can you print to that Adobe PDF printer instance from other applications and create PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely, used to work on my W10 machine.  Still works on my w7 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me an straight answer to this question:

What products do I need to save as PDF from fram maker 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need is FM, provided you don't need to create PDFs in any other applications. You're saying that your setup works fine on a Win 7 machine, but not a Win10 one? What's the point version of your Win10 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W10 version: July 24 2018 build of 1803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first got fm2017 on W10, I could not save as PDF.

On a whim, I got a license for 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC'.

After installing that I could save as PDF from fm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have that Win10 KB installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have absolutely no idea how to find installed KB numbers.

Windows update says I am up to date.

Version is 1803, installed on 7/24/2018

OS build is 17134.167

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this thread - Re: Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018  - that level means you don't have it. I would suggest doing a Windows Update to pull in the latest fixes and then try again with a new FM doc. If that still doesn't work, then I would uninstall all Acrobat instances on the machine, re-run the FM2017 install and ensure that the selection field for the PDF Creator Add-on is selected, then update FM2017 if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can save as PDF from Windows 10. 

However it still pops up a window that says:

'The selected PDF Job Option does not exist in the current installation.

Either create this Job Option or select an available Job Option.'

It does this both with save as PDF and with 'format->document->PDF setup'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check these threads - FrameMaker 2015 PDF Job Options disappeared after I generated a .pdf file. What happened? about the .joboptions file and this one - location of custom PDF job options file - about where they are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my w7 machine, which can save as PDF from fm2017,

shows installed 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC' version 2018.011.20055.

This looks different from my W10 version of Adobe Acrobat.

Either their is a difference between the W7 and W10 'Reader DC'

or my W10 Acrobat install is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Reader doesn't create PDFs - it's the free viewer to be used to look at them. What version of Windows 10 are you running? I'm trying to determine if you've run into a bug that Microsoft introduced that affected PDF creation. If you're completely up to date, you should be sitting at version 1803 and have the KB4340917 patch installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines