• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tints that are more than 100%

Enthusiast ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker's Color Definitions dialog box, if you choose Print As: Tint, the Tint slider goes from zero to 100%. However, it is possible to type in a percentage for the tint that is more than 100%, for example 120%, and FrameMaker let's you save the Tint. Is this a bug in the program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

I just tried FM12 and FM2015 and see identical (reverting to 100%) behaviours. Which point version of FM12 are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of FM?

You can enter any percentage in the Tint box, but if you notice when you create the Tint, FM always maxes out at 100.0%, so it isn't possible to make a 120% tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FrameMaker 12. Perhaps this is just an anomaly in that version. When I tried it in version 11 and version 2015, it works the way you describe -- the percentage reverts back to 100%. Interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried FM12 and FM2015 and see identical (reverting to 100%) behaviours. Which point version of FM12 are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened yesterday, but I can't replicate it today so it must have been a temporary glitch.

I'm using Framemaker 12 on a Mac which is running VMWare. Could that cause a glitch like this or similar glitches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possibly. I've seen some users on running FM on a Mac using VM have issues/crashes that don't seem to happen on Windows machines. It could be specific to the virtual environment used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines