• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title in PDF is different from filename (AGAIN)

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this has been covered before but i dont see any fix for the source files in Framemaker 2019?

I have gone into File/File Info in Framemaker and cleared all the fields inc, Title. Completely blank. I click Set, update book and save all files etc. But, no luck. Title in PDF still displays "Template v4.12" that was locked in when the template was first created I'm guesing. 

Any ideas to fix? Its rather annoying. I dont want to keep editing the File/Properties/Description/Title in Acrobat.

Boohooo.

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

There is a desription here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/title-field-in-the-file-info-dialog/m-p/11200668#M66402

The info comes from the first file of the book. If you clear everything in this file, then import the document properties of this file into all other files of the book.

There is/was a bug. You cannot remove the content of file info. If this is your problem, then enter a space.

And in Acrobat you can set an "action" to change the document description with a click of a button. (I did not do this specifically, but other similar things.)

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry! I just read your last paragraph, Winfried. It's early here.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can write an action in Acrobat that will update the file info for all the files in a folder at one time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/action-wizard-acrobat-pro.html

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines