• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not generating with a title

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an idea why my TOC is not generating with the words "Table of Contents" at the top? I've never encountered this before. This is a new template and I haven't done anything I don't usually do.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

The words Table of Contents will need to be added to the top of the generated text—they don't appear automatically, unless they were already in the TOC template.

Remember, for the words to stick around after you update the book they have to meet two criteria:

• They need to be the first thing in the flow, and
  • The ¶ tag formatting them them can't end in the suffix for the generated file (i.e., can't end with the letters TOC)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The words Table of Contents will need to be added to the top of the generated text—they don't appear automatically, unless they were already in the TOC template.

Remember, for the words to stick around after you update the book they have to meet two criteria:

• They need to be the first thing in the flow, and
  • The ¶ tag formatting them them can't end in the suffix for the generated file (i.e., can't end with the letters TOC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: ...for the words to stick around after you update...

Or they can be various things on a Master Page.

Less sure about in a text frame in a different Flow.

If there was only 1 way to do it, it would be atypical for Framemaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines