Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Reference Pages - Object?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

There is an object in the TOC Reference Pages that is not text and I can't select it so I'm wondering what it is and how it got there. I need it to build my other TOC files so that I have a return after the Chapter Title when the Table of Contents is built for the user manual.

Reference Pages - How do I create the Chapter 1. below?

001.jpg

Correct TOC

002.jpg

Incorrect TOC

003.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might get a better understanding of what's going on if you turn on your Text Symbols. It looks like the "Chapter 1" is an autonumber (which cannot contain a forced return). It probably should be using the <$chapnum> building block instead.

Do you have separate paratags for the Chapter Title and the Chapter number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

Thanks for replying. I don't have separate paratags for the Chapter Title and Chapter number. Here is a screen shot with the Text Symbols:

Both Chapter 1. and the <$paratext> under it have the Paragraph Format: ChTitleTOC

001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "<" symbol in the ChTitleTOC paratag entry is a forced return (i.e. shift+Enter). The "Chapter 1." entry must be an autionumber if you can not select it. Edit the ChTitleTOC paratag to change the autonumber entry as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Arnis. I believe this will resolve my issue and allow me to update the other TOC files. Enjoy Life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines