• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top-of-page Anchored Frames

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My anchored frames refuse to start exactly at the top of the page.

I set all my anchored frames to Below Current Line, aligned Left.  The frame's anchor has to be on a row by itself, and it's this row that prevents the frame from being at the top of the page.

My documents use side heads, so if I set the Anchoring Position to At Top of Column, then the anchored frame ignores the side head.  Sure, it's now at the top of the page, but I need it to respect my side head.  

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug:

Can we see your layout? Replace the content with dummy text if necessary. Which side is the side head on, and is it always on the same side, or does it switch left to right?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The side head is always on the left, on every page.  It always stays the same size.

It appears that At Insertion Point achieves the effect I'm wanting, but I have always stuck with Below Current Line due to its reliability.  I've seen mixed results with At Insertion Point.

What are the Best Practices regarding anchoring position of AFs?

Below is what it looks like with Below Current Line.

pic on top.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I set all my anchored frames to Below Current Line, aligned Left.

What happens if you use At Insertion Point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was waiting to see the layout, but align right would work if the sidehead column is always on the left.

No:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.30.46 AM.png

Maybe yes:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.31.10 AM.png

There are so many variations on layout that we—ok, I—can't answer precisely without seeing the layout.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alight Right works only if the AF is the same size as the text column.  We prefer our AFs aligned to the left edge of the text column, which is about a third of the way into the page from the actual left margin, to the right of the Side Head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines