• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic naming when publishing FM 2017 to HTML 5

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish an FM 2017 book as HTML 5, the chapter-level topics get auto-named based on the FM file names. E.g., Chapter_1.fm becomes Chapter_1.html. Is there a way to have the topics auto-named based on the chapter titles, not file names?  E.g., Getting Started.html rather than Chapter_1.html. Topic file names are shown in the HTML 5 OLH's Search pane as "titles" of the found text blurbs, and titles like "Chapter_1" look weird. I could rename the FM files... but that would clash with some rules and conventions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a feature in the FM to RH workflow that allowed you to use marker text to set the file name, but I don't recall if that will still work in the FM Publish workflow - Matt may have a better idea, but he may be tied up in his latest course this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for the prompt reply. The problem is that I'm not using RH at all. The Publish process is straight from FM 2017 to the ready-for-use HTML 5 OLH. I'm quite sure RH is somewhere there, behind the scenes... but it does not expose any usable controls or config options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I knew that, I was just suggesting that the same mechanism might work for you in the FM Publish route (and you're correct, it is RH guts hiding deep down inside there). I never used the marker trick, so I can't give you details, but I'm sure there's a record of how it's done on the forums or in the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines