• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Changes Feature Not Working When Enabled

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently received the 2017 version of FrameMaker and am trying to use the Track Changes feature. It allows me to turn it on and it works. However, as soon as I save a chapter in the book, the "Enable" button is still grayed out as if it is enabled but it no longer works for any chapter. I have tried saving and closing the chapter and saving and closing the entire book and the "Enable" button is still grayed out but the Track Changes isn't working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the latest patches? Fresh downloads of the software don't include the latest fix automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean. Our IT team downloaded it for us this morning as we just received the licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - and it's the original build from earlier on in the year when FM2017 was first released - apply the update patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is an update patch and how do I apply it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

easiest way is inside FM - Help > Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still coming across issues. It works for a while and then stops. If I close a chapter, it turns off. The only way to turn it back on is to save, close and reopen the entire book. Even then, sometimes it stops working just when I click save but don't close the chapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report the erratic behavior here: Tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just installed this last week. I feel like it shouldn't be giving us these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you've loaded the latest updates - FM2017 has had 2 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated it and it says I'm up to date. Could this be because we just upgraded from FM11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We just installed this last week. I feel like it shouldn't be giving us these issues.

Any software I have ever used has bugs, including all the versions of FrameMaker that I have used over the past 25 years. When I find a bug in any application, typically I:

• Figure out a work-around so that I don't lose my sanity or miss a deadline, and
  • Report it so that it can be taken care of with a patch.

FrameMaker 2017 has already had two rounds of patches to fix bugs and other issues that were new in that release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can track changes but as soon as I save it, the feature stops working and won't turn on again. It's as though if I use it once and save, I can never use it again in the entire book even after closing it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines