Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble embedding MP4 when converting to PDF

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

From FrameMaker 13.02.433, I cannot produce PDF with embedded MP4 if the documents are imported by reference.

Both the Save As PDF, and Print (to .ps, using the Adobe PDF print driver) options fail.

• Save As PDF hangs (whether or not it might process eventually, I kill the process after 15 minutes)
  • Print (to .ps) yields the poster in the PDF, but no ability to activate the MP4.

Stefan, is this a bug, or am I missing something?

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I just recoded a small video with captivate, published as mp4, referenced the mp4 in a FrameMaker document, assigned a poster image to the video and saved it as a PDF. Worked like a charm. I tried multiple PDF settings (tagged, untagged, multiple joboptions, RGB vs CMYK), but could not produce any problems regarding this.

Maybe this is related to a encoding (H.264 / H.265 etc. / Audio Encoding (AAC, MP3, MP2 etc.)? How is your mp4 encoded? How did you create it? And: How big is is? Did you als try it with a smaller one?

Suggestion: Record a small video (just a minute or so) with Captivate and try again with a new document. Does the error still happen?

Cheers,

*Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I just ended up copying directly into doc and producing.

I'll revisit when I run across it again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx, I just ended up copying directly into doc and producing.

I'll revisit when I run across it again!

I produced the MP4 with ScreenFlow, which posts well to Vimeo and YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines