Highlighted

Trouble with using Step, sub-step, subsub step elements.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created a template using Step (1,2,3), Sub-step (a,b,c) and Subsub-step (I, ii, iii) the issue is when using a subsub-step and reverting back to sub-step for example: b.

i.

ii.

iii.

and we revert here to sub-step, the next should be sub-step

c.

Instead the next is

e.

So, can anyone help. Is there a step missing in the process, a special character missing in the template to make it continue with the next character?

Or is it something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble with using Step, sub-step, subsub step elements.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created a template using Step (1,2,3), Sub-step (a,b,c) and Subsub-step (I, ii, iii) the issue is when using a subsub-step and reverting back to sub-step for example: b.

i.

ii.

iii.

and we revert here to sub-step, the next should be sub-step

c.

Instead the next is

e.

So, can anyone help. Is there a step missing in the process, a special character missing in the template to make it continue with the next character?

Or is it something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 18, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the counters are all in the same series and keep incrementing. Are you using a matrix layout for the counters?

Could you please post your complete autonumber sequences for the three (step, sub-step, sub-substep).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this post (which I wrote to answer a student question on the same topic). Mine is a two-level list and yours is three, but the logic is the same.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-nested-list/

You would need a table that looks like this:

Microsoft Wordss_003.png

Unless you already know numbering well, I recommend reading that article first, then come back and look at the table, then compare the Auto-number format lines in your document to what you see here.

If you have any questions come back and ask—either of us can give you a hand.

EDIT: I updated the screen shot because I showed periods in the result, but forgot to add them to the building blocks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 0