• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting Font Problem FrameMaker 2019 -> PDF

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64-bit FrameMaker 2019 in Windows 10 all patched up.

There is an instance of Doric Bold, a Type 1 PFM file, that is not Saving as PDF from the File menu but also not from the Publish pod. The character appears correctly as a registered trademark symbol ® in FrameMaker 2019 but in PDF as a capital A with an accent grave atop it. (Note, if I copy and paste that accented A in this HTML window, it pastes as the registered trademark symbol.) Acrobat does correctly identify the font of the character in question as Doric Bold.

The character Saved as PDF just fine  in FrameMaker 12 in Windows 8.1. But, my system has changed since then.

In addition to FrameMaker 2019, I have Acrobat XI Pro on my system. I have gone through Distiller and set Doric Bold to always embed. I have tip-toed through the Adobe PDF printer instance and deselected "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts" with no change. I don't think it matters, but I have TrueType Font set to Download as Softfont and TrueType Download Option set to Native TrueType. I notice I also have a printer on my system called "Microsoft Print to PDF," but this laptop is "managed" and that printer is locked down.

So, I am embarrassed to ask, because I used to be good at troubleshooting font issues, but how do I get my registered trademark symbol in Doric Bold to correctly print to PDF? Ideas?

Cheers,

Sean

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

So, the kind FrameMaker folks took a look at the files involved and this appears to be an issue with the Type 1 font I was using. I switched to a different font, that is OTF, and the problem went away. There was mention of a potential correction in a future update, but am not sure. I just wanted to provide closure to the question I opened.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean

Thanks for sharing the issue. would it be possible to share a sample file and the font file so we can reproduce this in-house. if you could mail me the details at amisingh@adobe.com

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the kind FrameMaker folks took a look at the files involved and this appears to be an issue with the Type 1 font I was using. I switched to a different font, that is OTF, and the problem went away. There was mention of a potential correction in a future update, but am not sure. I just wanted to provide closure to the question I opened.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines