• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off connected text frames or turning into dissconnected pages

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a large framemaker document i am makin. I removed the auto flow tag but the pages are still connected. its messing with the whole flow of document and changing table placement amonst other things. This was a early product manual. I removed the flow tag on each individual page. but pages still appear to be connected..Any quick way to fix this. i construct my documents now in dissconncted pages because the large variety of different outlines. i am not yet comformtable using master pages in a dissconnected page setting..How can i assure these pages are disconnected on this document. 

TOPICS
Content migration , Feature request , Formatting and numbering , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Using the graphics cursor, select the text frame on the Body page.
Format » Customize Layout » Disconnect …

I can't recall ever really needing to do this. Apply Master Pages meets my needs for even a generous variety of different page layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the graphics cursor, select the text frame on the Body page.
Format » Customize Layout » Disconnect …

I can't recall ever really needing to do this. Apply Master Pages meets my needs for even a generous variety of different page layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am constantly using different size images, i was self taught on framemaker. i am trying to make the designs easier to construct and more managable . These are examples off a early manual i made, its not very professional. constructing the master page then having to alter it for each individual pages seems as time consuming and constructing it on the go in my sitatuon. I am always looking for suggetions and open to new ideas, i need to do some research on reference pages , i think using reference pages might be helpfull in what i am constructing but not entirely sure. here are some different page layouts in none finalized verisons. framemaker example 1.pngframemaker example 2.pngframemaker example 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not clear why you need assorted page layouts for this. It looks like you can use an anchored frame for each illustrated situation, with the frame size being varied to suit. All frames anchored to some Flow A paratype (that doesn't need to be visible to publication). Everything than just flows as needed when content is added/deleted/changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have toss around the idea of using a structured environment with this kind of layout, but often times i am using screenshots of computer interfaces and i am not sure i can make it mesh, i think i have a good enough understanding of master pages and overall construction to do it. But as you see the text is minial often times and its more important to display a visable part of the image with a short description.  What i attached is a manual for a machine producer, something i want to gear my manuals to look more like in the near future., graphic example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines