• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two column text frame HTML5 output

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a few other posts on this. Seems like two column text frames do not flow well with HTML5. I want my HTML5 output to flow like my PDF. I am okay with the two column layout going into 1 column with the HTML5 output, but why is the Caution body text going above the text frame in HTML5? I do not see any text frame options under the HTML5 settings to try and correct this.

HTML5 output is the left. PDF is the right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

It's still hard to see what's going on without the text symbols.

Do you have an anchored frame containing a two column text frame, or do you have three separate text frames on the page?

One solution: create the 2-column text frame inside the anchored frame containing the graphic, since they're related.

Another solution: it looks like you'd have an easier time with a single 2-column text frame, and with the the Caution and other paragraphs using a para tag that paginates Across All Columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on how the text is placed in the Fm file?

How about a screenshot of the Fm doc with borders and text symbols visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that on my initial screenshot. Here is the FM layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still hard to see what's going on without the text symbols.

Do you have an anchored frame containing a two column text frame, or do you have three separate text frames on the page?

One solution: create the 2-column text frame inside the anchored frame containing the graphic, since they're related.

Another solution: it looks like you'd have an easier time with a single 2-column text frame, and with the the Caution and other paragraphs using a para tag that paginates Across All Columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried multiple ways the first time:

Two column text frame below anchored image.

Two column text frame inside separate anchored frame.

I did try place text frame inside the original anchored frame. Didn't work first time, but did this time.

I guess my issue was when I tried the text frame in with the anchored frame previously, I dragged vs inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines