• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

U3D - how should Link to Text work?

Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, please enlighten me.

While I can make links from text (or link table) to the object parts or views, the opposite does not work:

• When clicking on a part I expect to jump to the corresponding named destination.
  • An explicit gotolink command works as expected  (see Manual test in the attached files).
  • However, the procedure as described under "Link from part to text" does not provide the desired result. BTW this procedure is the same as described in Help or elsewhere.
  • In the files you see Named destinations FLengineSpinner and fl_engine_propeller. After creating the pdf for the first time I noticed that named destination eliminate the underscore, hence I left it out for the one item for test - but that did not help either.
  • The named destinations in pdf are not the same as you work with in FM, they have a 'prefix' Mn.newlink.fm_link_name (with n being the file number within a book). But these 'expanded' destinations are not valid in the hypertext command.

→ So how to create these links from part to text?

Files: U3D.fm  and U3D.pdf

May be important details: Acrobat Pro 2017 (17.011.30171.53481), FM-15.0.5.838.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry folks, you could not check my experience, because I did not provide all files required for test.

Both FM and Graphics and a resulting pdf are in this ZIP file.

Please forget the links in the first post - i can not remove it ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing comments may not be a sign that nobody uses this feature - but I fear it is such a sign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, none of the links work and result in a 404 on your webpage (including https://daube.ch/zz_tests/U3D.zip).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, sorry - work was interrupted in june... Thank You Stefan to take a look on this.

U3D.zip is now in place. The files are of FM-15, but the problem is the same in FM-16.

{When this U3D support appeared in FM/PDF I had the idea for a customer to use it in a Service Manual. Due to the non-working links from the model to the text text I did not use it}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines