Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete a blank page in FrameMaker 2017

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a document I imported from Word 2010. The document has one empty page that I haven't been able to delete. I have tried the Pagination- Before Saving and Printing - Delete Empty Pages procedure, but that didn't work.

Is there any way I can delete the page?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, can you try this series of actions? One of them will likely get you patched up.

1. Display text symbols
  2. Confirm that the end of flow symbol is on the prior page
  3. Use the Format > Document > Delete Pages command to delete the page(s) at the end of your doc
  4. Save the file to MIF, then reopen, and use Save As to restore the original filename
  5. Write back and let us know if you have it solved, and what the solution was

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth, can you try this series of actions? One of them will likely get you patched up.

1. Display text symbols
  2. Confirm that the end of flow symbol is on the prior page
  3. Use the Format > Document > Delete Pages command to delete the page(s) at the end of your doc
  4. Save the file to MIF, then reopen, and use Save As to restore the original filename
  5. Write back and let us know if you have it solved, and what the solution was

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

The end of flow symbol appeared on the empty page and was not on the prior page. I deleted content on the prior page until I saw the end of flow symbol. From there I went to the empty page and used Format > Document > Delete page.

That worked and the empty page is now gone!

Thank you for your help! The end of flow symbol information twigged my thought process.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Glad to help.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines