• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to run FMPS15 task from a remote system when user is logged off

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up an automatic build environment for our software products using Jenkins. One part of it is the documentation, therefore I am trying to setup framemaker tasks from an API.

I am able to:

- Create a task using CURL (http request passing the task configuration from an XML template)

- Edit a task

- Run a task

when the user associated with the FMPS application is logged on. For our build automation we configure the necessary tools involved to run as service, without the need to any user to be logged on. And I expected that from a web server as FMPS. I've seen it is possible to configure the Framemaker task in the Windows Task Scheduler to "Run whether user is logged on or not".

However I get anyway the response:

* STATE: PERFORM => DONE handle 0x600092e20; line 1980 (connection #1)

* multi_done

* Connection #1 to host XYZ left intact

* Expire cleared

<string xmlns="h t t p: // schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">User "User_XYZ" not logged in. Task could not be run</string>

Does anyone know whether FMPS allows that?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there are very few of us that are running FM through the Publishing Server (I think that's what PS stands for), I would suggest you give the tech guys a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

This is the expected behavior. 

For running the tasks, user should be logged into the system using the account being set up as FMPSUserName.

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shaleen,

Thanks for your answer. Could you please elaborate it a bit more? Is it really technically not possible?

I understood from your marketing brochure that Publishing Server is designed for task automation. If a user needs to manually log in I don't really see the automation concept of the product applicable to our needs. Let me describe our use case for clarity:

- We have a continuous integration setup with various PCs running builds continuously

- Each of these workstations runs the processes as service (from system), so no user log in is necessary

- For maintenance we restart the PCs once a day, therefore, after the restart the system needs to be up and running again without any human intervention

- Therefore we expected that we could run FMPS tasks without the need of any user to log into the system

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correcting my response below...

Hi Marc

Shaleen will be calling and talking to you in detail. Basically the FMPSuser who has initiated the task needs to be logged in to run the task. Shaleen will better understand the use case and then suggest how to move ahead.

thanks

amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amitoj,

Sounds good to me. Looking forward for the call.

Thanks.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines