• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save as PDF in FrameMaker 12

New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new install of FrameMaker on a VDI environment to allow me to work remotely. However, we have not been successful and getting the PDF function to work properly. I have checked every setting, set the Adobe PDF printer as my default and still it will not produce a PDF. However, I can PDF in Word and Excel, just not in FrameMaker. Below is the error that I receive in Distiller:

Distiller Error.PNG

Any suggestions?

River

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

River,

I don't know what a "VDI environment" is.

Have You tried 'to pdf' this particular FM-document/book in a 'standard environment' ?

My 40 years of programming experience tells me:

Client:     I have not changed anything in my program, but now it does not run successfully.

Support:  Any serious program is data driven. If you put in another set of data it may fail!

Hence:     You can create pdf in Word or Excel, but in FM you have completely different input data...

Just my few cents…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi -

I was able to fix it by changing the distiller from RGB to CMKY and that fixed it. Thank you for responding!

Warm regards,

River Michaels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines