• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save as PDF in FrameMaker 2017

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to use this feature as recently as 02/11.  We did three Windows 10 updates last week.

KB4487038 02/13

KB4487017 02/13

KB4023057 02/15

I wonder if that had anything to do with it.  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Shoot a PM over to @meenakshin83966505 for the

fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened my FrameMaker to try some things, and all the marker symbols have been replaced with a 6.  I think they were Pi before, but I don't remember for sure.  Boy, this is getting weirder and weirder.

Update:  I reinstalled the fm5font.ttf font file and it fixed the problem.  These updates have broken more than a few things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Adobe Acrobat 2017 (Acrobat2017Upd1701130127.msp)

and Acrobat DC (AcrobatDCUpd1901020098.msp) Adobe Acrobat Distiller 2017 Professional 17.11.30120315608

ceased to distil (the work of the distiller is interrupted with the closure of the application)

PostScript files derived from FrameMaker 12 and FrameMaker 2019 (Windows Professional 10).

If you remove Acrobat and reinstall it, the distiller is working correctly.

The previous version of Adobe Acrobat Distiller 2017 Professional 17.11.30078264150 works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this discussion:  We have seen this as well when distilling docs containing EPS graphics from FM10 and FM2017 using Save as PDF.  It may relate to EPS files with specific characteristics, as the example document I used for troubleshooting caused Distiller to crash three times in the course of processing although it contained many more than three EPS graphics.

The temporary workaround we used was to replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\acrodistdll.dll dated, as I recall, 1/31/2019 with an earlier version (dated 6/29/2018).  Hopefully the next Distiller DC update will contain a fix for this problem.

(I'm also posting this to the other two similar threads of which I'm aware in case folks aren't following all of them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm: Our writer who reported this issue has verified that the patch fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation.

Glad to know it worked.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meenakshin83966505​, could you please send me the patch for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi Please send me the patch, I can't create PDFs in framemaker....  pretty urgent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louiseb,

Please check your inbox. I have sent you a message with information.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm a little late to this party, only because I've just been editing lately. Now I need to print a PDF.

Windows 7, latest updates installed.

FrameMaker 2017, update 4

Acrobat DC with the 20099 patch.

It does produce a PDF, but it takes almost 10 times longer with files that have PDF and SVG graphics imported by reference. Yes, if I turn the graphics off everything works fine.

To the Adobe employees on this thread, I have an open case with support. All they want me to do is to uninstall/install FrameMaker and Acrobat. How do we escalate this to development?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too need the patch as I can no longer save as PDF from FM 2015 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luna.katt,

We have released an update today for Adobe Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC which fixes this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version released for the application.

You may refer to the following link to check the latest versions available Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you for your response. Right after I left that message on the forum I checked my Acrobat for an update and found it, installed it and now everything works as it should. Felt dumb that I didn’t do that BEFORE I commented, but since it just came out today, maybe I don’t feel so bad.

Thanks again!

Kristie Cathcart | Flight Ops Tech Pubs | 206-392-6203

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information and is exempt from disclosures pursuant to 49 CFR 7.17. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Think trees. Think twice about printing this email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also running into this problem and cannot create PDFs with files that contain many SVG images. We are running the latest updates:

FrameMaker 2017, build 511 and using Acrobat DC Pro (Cloud) version 2019.012.20034.

Do any further updates need to be applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susannec (and a lot of numbers)

I deal a lot with SVGs at the moment and I found out, that some documents that contain certain SVGs take a very long time if you create a pdf.

Look and vote: Tracker

If you can determin certain SVGs that cause problems, could you please be so kind to send them to me for further investigations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Handling of SVG in Fm 2019 is several orders of magnitude faster in Fm 2019 than in previous versions. See my video at Enhanced image handling – Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) - YouTube for a demo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines