Highlighted

Unable to scroll in Responsive HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a Responsive HTML5 file in FM 2017 that contains four pages of text, but there is no scrollbar in the output.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to scroll in Responsive HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a Responsive HTML5 file in FM 2017 that contains four pages of text, but there is no scrollbar in the output.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

A few things come to mind...

• Are you publishing a file, or a book? I've had better luck publishing a book file.
  • Have you published to a server and then viewed the content? Most browsers frown upon HTML files that "just appear" on your drive without a web host. If the files are on your drive, you need to "bless" that location in your security settings to allow javascript and other content to appear.
  • Have you tried other browsers, and clearing your cache/cookies?

-Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

This is a four page single document that I am publishing locally and displaying on a browser. I have tried other browsers and have had the same response.

What exactly do you mean by ‘bless that location in my security settings’?

Thanks Matt.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't answer all your points...  yes I have tried other browsers with the same result.  Is this a setting that can or should be modified in a .css file or JavaScript file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, if you publish from a book, and you place the content on a web server, the controls work as expected.

However, when publishing from a .fm file, I've seen TOC not appear. When viewing content locally, I've had browsers block parts of the nav.

Please post the content to a web server and see if it resolved. While you can set your security preferences to allow content that "just" appears locally, it's probably easier and more accurate to post to the server.

-Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help Matt.

This issue got resolved yesterday.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what was the solution? [for future searchers who find this thread]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Adobe help desk person, somehow my file became corrupted. He was able to reproduce the issue and then resolve it. As far as I know, no changes were required to either the css or JavaScript files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 1