• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update mini-Toc.Print anyway?

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i go to print my document to check for picture page placement, its bringing up this dialog asking about mini TOC. I do not want this document associated with a mini table of contents and i am not sure why this is appearing. When i go to search inquiry on the top of framemaker. i dont know a mini TOC to delete. is this document tied to a book somehow. i am new to framemaker and having alot of issues. thank you2020-09-23 07_03_16-Untitled2.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

It's more likely that there's something in the template you used to create the doc has a mini-TOC reference in it. I always suggest getting a copy of Matt R. Sullivan's Unstructured FM: Publishing Fundamentals (it's old, but all the key concepts are in there) to use as your FM bible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't do any harm to say OK to the dialog - this doc is (or was at some point, depends on how or where it came from) part of a mini-TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i may have accidently started this document as part of a book, this will not be part of a book. should i  restart the document or will this not cause any conflicts other then instructing me everytime i would like to print? Thanks jeff for your quick reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's more likely that there's something in the template you used to create the doc has a mini-TOC reference in it. I always suggest getting a copy of Matt R. Sullivan's Unstructured FM: Publishing Fundamentals (it's old, but all the key concepts are in there) to use as your FM bible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines