Highlighted

Unavailable fonts message after reload after Windows Upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reloaded Frame and Adobe after my PC  rashed.  Used TCS to install and have all of the updates.  Installed as Admin.

Now when I open books and try to print, I get Unavailalbe font errors.  I narrowed it down to two fonts  (Zapf Dingbats BT and FrizQuardata BT) and know how to fix it - open all files in the book manually replace the fonts with the Pods.

But I didn't have to do this before my system crashed and reloaded, so something must have been set to map the bad fonts to good fonts already, I just didn't know it was happening. Is there a place where this replacement is set globally that I can edit?  I maintain about 145 manuals with over 600 files, I don't want to have to go through and open and apply fonts for every single on of them if I can help it. 

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unavailable fonts message after reload after Windows Upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reloaded Frame and Adobe after my PC  rashed.  Used TCS to install and have all of the updates.  Installed as Admin.

Now when I open books and try to print, I get Unavailalbe font errors.  I narrowed it down to two fonts  (Zapf Dingbats BT and FrizQuardata BT) and know how to fix it - open all files in the book manually replace the fonts with the Pods.

But I didn't have to do this before my system crashed and reloaded, so something must have been set to map the bad fonts to good fonts already, I just didn't know it was happening. Is there a place where this replacement is set globally that I can edit?  I maintain about 145 manuals with over 600 files, I don't want to have to go through and open and apply fonts for every single on of them if I can help it. 

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either had those fonts installed on your machine before or you had an entry in your maker.ini to handle it. To check for the maker.ini - do you have a backup of your user profile from before? The user version of the maker.ini is in c:\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have a backedup version of the maker.ini file.  I don't see anything that is font specific, other than UnavailableFontsDialog=On.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the fonts online and installed them, so now Save ad PF and Print Book both run fine, they don't havng or prompt for anything.  Print as PDF still detroys the values I have in my variables on my title page, but I can hard code those if I have to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I lied, it doesn't barf on my variable, it barfs on the text inserted in my title page, variable or plain text.  but only my Title page. and only Save ad Pdf, the Frame files are fine. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0