• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unexpectedly slow export to .rtf

Advisor ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping of course to persuade some colleagues this is not the way to go, I'm checking the results of Save as .rtf. The snag so far is that even a single page with four lines of text is taking several minutes to save. Not a problem in itself, but I'm curious – have other people noticed the same thing? FM19, Windows 7.0 on corporate life-support …

TOPICS
Content migration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the aim?

If I want files in Word, I save as PDF and then Export to Word.

Save as rtf never seemed to work well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The RTF export was greatly improved in the last FM versions.

I do not know why your export takes so long. No. I had not noticed this.

Does your FM file have any graphics? Did you hide these with View | Options? Does this make any difference?

You might send me your FM file as a personal message. (Click on my name above this post. Then you will get a new page with a button to send a personal message.) Then I would check, if they take equally long on my PC.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update about improved export.

However, if you want to send a whole book for review or comments in Word, do you have to export each chapter separately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not the classic review case, otherwise I would send a single .pdf and tell them to get on with it ;-} for whatever (misguided) reason, there is a request for an editable Word version. Since different contributors will be involved, it makes sense to deliver one .docx per .fm and stitch them together in due course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting idea … but the results, at least for my documents, are unusable: impossible to read, and no styles. The .rtf results, on the other hand, are pretty respectable. I'll make a pitcher of iced tea and settle down to watch the busy cursor :-}

.fm to .rtf next to .pdf to .doc – FM wins hands down.fm to .rtf next to .pdf to .doc – FM wins hands down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines