• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update edds script

Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone used the Update EDDs script provided with FrameMaker 2015 release?

I stumbled across a paragraph in the Getting Started Guide, but could find no other mention of it.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

I believe this script is DITA specific; see AdobeFrameMaker2015\Samples\ScriptsAndUtilities\DITA EDD Update\FM_EddUpdate.jsx. There are something like 23 DITA 1.2 EDDs and they share many modules created as text insets. For performance reasons, they are manual text insets. A user can customize any of the modules and then needs to update all relevant EDDs and templates. This script saves the user the effort of processing them one at a time.

By the way, FM2015 makes a huge performance improvement in updating text insets in structured documents, especially large text insets in large documents. It used to take many hours to update the DITA EDDs, now it is just a few minutes.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Lynne,

Clearly I need to check my Communities account more often!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines