• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UPDATED: Figure titles moved and updated when I save ditamap as book with fm components

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

A strange function. I have created task and concept files and collected those to a ditamap. In XML-files I see the figure titles above my figures and there is Figure 1, Figure 2... in front of titles as wanted. But when I save ditamap as book with fm components, in fm files the titles are shown below the figure, Figure 1, Figure 2.... are lost from front of titles and the title is with very small font in fm files.

I checked the ditafm-output file and changed MoveFigureTitleToFollowImage=0, but no difference.

When I close XML-file and reopen it everything looks like it should.

I use FM 2019 (15.0.0.393).

Where is the problem?

UPDATE:

I tested publishing from a task module to pdf. Figure titles are as should above the figure with text Figure and running number. But if I publish to pdf from ditamap including the same task, the figure titles are moved below the figure. The font size remains and also the text Figure and running number.

Br,

Pekka

Message was edited by: Pekka Yli-Mutka 2018-11-26 New findings related to the problem.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Solved!

This fm-figtitle helped me to find another discussion where was an answer to this question (Why does fig/title change to fig/fm-figtitle? ).

After this I started to wonder why my update to ditafm-output didn't affect. Then I noticed in the mentioned discussion that I've been modifying a wrong file (or a file in a wrong folder). I had updated the file in Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\ditafm and I was supposed to modify the one in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New information to the case:

I set the element boundaries as tags active and I noticed, what changes. In xml-file (task) I have title and image elements inside fig element. But in generated file I don't have title element. I have image and fm-figtitle elements inside fig element. I noticed that title element disappear also from tables but there the titles are still shown as wanted. Why? See the attached figures from figure situations.

xmlFile.JPG

BookFile.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved!

This fm-figtitle helped me to find another discussion where was an answer to this question (Why does fig/title change to fig/fm-figtitle? ).

After this I started to wonder why my update to ditafm-output didn't affect. Then I noticed in the mentioned discussion that I've been modifying a wrong file (or a file in a wrong folder). I had updated the file in Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\ditafm and I was supposed to modify the one in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines