Highlighted

Updating an Fm book makes the element boundaries visible again... bug?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group

When I do Edit > Update Book, I see that Show Element Boundaries (as Tags) is switched on again, which is not the idea, of course.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm using 14.0.2.

Thanks

Yves

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating an Fm book makes the element boundaries visible again... bug?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group

When I do Edit > Update Book, I see that Show Element Boundaries (as Tags) is switched on again, which is not the idea, of course.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm using 14.0.2.

Thanks

Yves

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yves,

Remember that the use of element boundaries (whether shown as square brackets or as tags) moved from a document property to a session property (stored in maker.ini) in FM 2017. Updating your book shouldn't change the property. However, if the session property is set to view tags and you open any book component, you will see the tags. Furthermore, it seems that if you print a single document, FM asks if you want to print with tags showing. If you save a single document as PDF, print a book, or save a book as PDF, there is no prompting.

--Lynne

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 0
Mentor ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yves,

I can't duplicate this. What type of files do you have in the book?

Russ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0