• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating large book and contents from FM 7.2 to FM 2015

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating a book with about 160 chapters from FM 7.2 to FM 2015.  What would be the smartest and quickest way to do this?  I don't mind learning to use a script.  Previously struggled a bit with FrameScript and the new built-in script seems to be similar, but would like to break through that barrier. I have been away from FM for a few years but now have to get this monster up to date.  I believe that it is pretty clean so not anticipating much trouble with the conversion. Any tips really appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same update for three books with about 50 chapters total. I just loaded the book file, opened the chapters (which you can do by selecting them all) and saved them again, which you can also do with select all. No problems to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Charles!  I have successfully converted the files.  Need to resolves some strange things, but that is a separate question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same thing as Charles.

• Work on a copy of the original.
  • Open the book file.
  • Save the book file to update it to 2015.
  • With your cursor in the book window, hold the Shift key and select File > Open all Files in Book.*
  • With your cursor in the book window, hold the Shift key and select File > Save all Files in Book.
  • With your cursor in the book window, hold the Shift key and select File > Close all Files in Book.

Done!

~~~

* This is the one that requires that you have enough resources to be able to open all the files in the book. Saving may take a few minutes. That's a good time for a coffee break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Barb!  I have successfully converted the files.  Need to resolves some strange things, but that is a separate question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines