• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade from FrameMaker Windows 7.0 to 7.2?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have FrameMaker 7.0 for Windows that I haven't used in a while. I'd like to upgrade it to version 7.2.  Is getting it from 7.0 to 7.2 a free upgrade?  I checked out the downloads page and it only has patches for version 7.1 and 7.2.  I don't use it that much and don't want to spend any money to go beyond version 7.x.  Version 7 does everything I need.  I know this is ancient history.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: Is getting it from 7.0 to 7.2 a free upgrade?

It was not. Your best bet would be to find a credible unopened retail version of the 7.2 Upgrade product, or the full 7.2 product (and presumably for Windows, as other platforms were still supported at that time).

Even if you were a Volume License customer of Adobe, I tend to doubt that they'd still sell a 7.2 license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC, FM 7.2 was released in the fall of 2005 as a $200 upgrade from the previous version (7.1), so there's not much chance of any freebies. You might want to look for something on eBay or similar seller sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines