Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading a subscription-based FM2019 to 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

We have spent a considerable amount of time, including calls to customer support, to try upgrading a subscription-based FM2019 to 2020, with no success. The last installation process returned the info that it was successful, but it's still FM2019.

What is the standard procedure to upgrade a subsciption-based version of FM?

Kind regards,

Mats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Try this link to download Fm 2020: https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/download-trial/try.html.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the 2020 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation: running FM 2019 subscription. I cannot find where to download FM 2020. Where do you get it? I assume with an FM active subscription, one can simply download and run it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link to download Fm 2020: https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/download-trial/try.html.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. An Adobe official reached out to me off-line with a custom download link. I agree with other posters that the procedure how to upgrade a subscription-based license could be clarified online and in the documentation.

Kind regards,

Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, this still isn't working for me!  What else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ecdarringer:

What happens when you follow that link? It should (and for me, just did) open the browser window shown here:

2021-01-06_10-25-32.png

Fill out the form, and then click the blue Download button at the very bottom. It if won't load, the first thing I would do is try a different browser.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I switched browsers and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Barb's advice, make certain that you are not running any ad, script, or pop-up blockers. They play hob with shopping sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said elsewhere, it is absolutely ridiculous that the only way to get the next version of FrameMaker when you have a subscription is to download it from the trial page. None of the CC apps require this. When is Adobe going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines