Upgrading FM

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this specific to some versions of FM - Upgrade Adobe FrameMaker?

Can you upgrade from any version of FM to the 2019 version? We have licenses for FM8 and we are looking to upgrade to a more recent version. Also, will FM8 documents be compatible with the new FM versions?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyanka,

I take care of Framemaker across APAC. May you please share with me an email at govil@adobe.com along with your contact details and best time to connect with you on this.

Regards

Atin Govil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atin, our procurement team will get in touch with Adobe.

Thank you,

Priyanka

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: Can you upgrade from any version of FM to the 2019 version?

The latest FM is 2020, but in general, yes.
The FM2019 or 2020 would be a complete separate install, so it does not alter your existing FM version.

re: We have licenses for FM8…

That raises several separate issues:

1. You probably have perpetual licences for FM8, and not an active subscription. The upgrade won't be no-charge.
  2. If you are on Windows, is it a version compatible with FM2019 or 2020?
  3. FM8 also ran on Solaris, and there is no FM2019 or 2020 for that.

re: Also, will FM8 documents be compatible with the new FM versions?

Yes. Any version of FM can open the binary (.fm, .book) files of any prior version. You can even port back using MIF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that's helpful information.

We are on Window 10 Enterprise, which I think is compatible with 2020 and 2019. 

You are right - I learnt that we have perpetual licenses and will need to purchase a new subscription for the latest FM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: We are on Window 10 Enterprise, which I think is compatible with 2020 and 2019. 

It is. Some attention might need to be paid to 32-bit vs. 64-bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines